The mining job vacant posted now is from Australia-UK mining company, Rio Tinto. Rio Tinto is the first among Top 25 biggest mining companies. An Australian-British multinational and one of the world’s largest metals and mining company. In summary, Rio Tinto has reported $33.9bn sales in 2017 with $4.7bn profits. The London-based company operates through five product groups – aluminium, copper, diamonds and minerals, energy and iron ore. First, The aluminium product group, are consists of alumina, bauxite and primary aluminum production. The copper product group is consists in copper, and of course with valuable by products of gold, molybdenum, silver and nickel production. The diamonds and minerals product group operates in mining and refining as well as marketing sectors. The energy product group includes thermal coal, coking coal and uranium. The company has a 51,000-strong workforce in around 35 countries.
Rio Tinto job vacant information
Rio Tinto Job vacant position:
Rio Tinto job vacant Highlights:
- Be part of a dynamic supportive team in fast paced mining, project evaluation and exploration operations.
- Opportunity to be involved with cutting edge technology.
- Learn and develop your geological and skills with business supported resources- Role based in Havre-Saint-Pierre
Rio Tinto job vacant details
Rio Tinto, Iron and Titanium are looking for a Geologist who will be part of a team to be responsible for the execution and delivery of evaluation and exploration programs, in both near mine and regional areas. To be successful the candidate will needs to work closely with many internal and external stakeholders (including Technical Services, Mine Engineering and Operations), identify gaps and opportunities in resource understanding, generate targets for resource evaluation and ensure project delivery.
What the Rio Tinto job vacant role entails
This role is a great opportunity to be part of a collaborative team environment and develop your career further. The role require to work 5 days a week, 2 days off and will reporting to the Superintendent technical Services and Mine, you will be:
- Assisting with program planning and execution;
- Liaising with team members and stakeholders on drilling and evaluation priorities;
- Ensuring drilling projects are run efficiently with minimal waste, and value-adding work;
- Assisting with the development of standards and procedures to generate and analyse data;
- Calibrate mine model to Resource model using chip samples
- Field grade control defining operational waste and ore zones
- Field geotechnical inspections & control
- Provide accurate and complete collection and synthesis of all geological information;
- Deliver geological models in line with the modelling schedule;
- Provide safety leadership in promoting a safe and environmentally responsible working ethic, leading to an incident free workplace.
What you will need for this Rio Tinto job vacant role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Geology.
- Practical experience in exploration, evaluation or mine geology (preferably more than two years).
- Demonstrated knowledge of mining/mapping and modelling software packages
- Hard rock , opencast ore experience is preferred, as well as an understanding of the relevant exploration and evaluation techniques.
- Previous experience / exposure to drilling programs and contractor management are essential.
- Strong analytical skills.
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Mining job vacant scam
Mining-mill.com would like to remind you to keep beware for the mining job vacant scam. Be careful if someone ask for money transfer during neither the hiring process or even after the process. None of the company, especially mining company in the world will ask you the money during the hiring process, from the beginning until its end. Even though for the ticket to a job site as well as the accomodation. A professional mining company will book you the ticket for your on board to the site. In conclusion, no need for the job seeker to pay even for just one cent during the hiring process. The one and only thing you need to prepare is your skill and capability to do the job.
Another suggestion is to only apply the mining job vacant from their original website or careers landing page. You can find 25 direct link to big mining company careers page on this post.
Mining-mill.com will and always happy to help the job seeker to avoid mining job vacant scam by only provide genuine mining job vacant from original and trustworthy source, like company verified linkedIn account, job vacant post from the company careers landing page and professional head hunter company like indeed. Moreover, If you are not sure about our mining job vacant post, please feel free to give us feed back through comment section.
Last but not least, please read our post about tips how to avoid mining job vacant scam. There you will find a lot of good suggestion to avoid your self trapped in a big fake scam.