The mining job vacant posted now is from Australia-UK mining company, Rio Tinto. Rio Tinto is the first among Top 25 biggest mining companies. An Australian-British multinational and one of the world’s largest metals and mining company. Rio Tinto has reported $33.9bn sales in 2017 with $4.7bn profits. The London-based company operates through five product groups – aluminium, copper, diamonds and minerals, energy and iron ore. The aluminium product group are consists of alumina, bauxite and primary aluminum production. The copper product group is consists in copper, and of course with valuable by products of gold, molybdenum, silver and nickel production. The diamonds and minerals product group operates in mining, refining and marketing sectors. The energy product group includes thermal coal, coking coal and uranium. The company has a 51,000-strong workforce in around 35 countries.
Rio Tinto job vacant information
Rio Tinto Job vacant position:
Senior Research Chemist
Rio Tinto job vacant Highlights:
Cutting-edge research and development for specialty chemicals
Work for a world class company
Based in Southern California
Competitive salary and benefits
Rio Tinto job vacant details
We are looking for a Senior Research Chemist to engage in project planning and management, analysis of technical and market data, coordination of inter-departmental project activities, design and execution of laboratory and scale-up experiments and support for plant trials and technical services.
What the Rio Tinto job vacant role entails
This role is a great opportunity to manage non-routine activities having high levels of complexity in support of new product and new application projects. You will:
- Fully support the health, safety and environmental programs by participating in compliance and corporate programs.
- Initiate, coordinate and/or lead new application and/or new product development projects including collaborations with external partners, such as academic groups, national lab and contract testing labs.
- Perform complex laboratory experiments in support of new and existing product and application initiatives.
- Oversee laboratory analytical services as a technical advisor and/or hands-on experimentalist. This may include methods development, customer visits and support for customer plant trials.
What you will need for this Rio Tinto job vacant role
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry is required through graduate degree program and additional job specific study and direct job experience.
- Leadership skills are necessary for directing others
- Strong mathematical skills for project-related calculations.
- Analytical and statistical skills for data analysis and determination of data significance.
- Computer skills are required to manage and analyze data and to produce project reports, communications and presentation materials.
- Self-motivation is necessary for independent work, ensuring that work progresses in a timely manner without supervision.
- Organizational skills are necessary for directing others and coordinating workflow and project activities.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary in order to work with staff members of other departments and locations without major conflicts.
- Administrative skills are required to document data and activities.
- Planning skills are needed for directing others, setting goals, and coordinating project activities
- Training and team building skills are necessary to work with other R&D staff as well as other company departments.
- Communications skills needed to explain project plans and results and to coordinated project activities.
- Presentation skills are required to communicate project concepts and results to internal and external customers.
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Mining job vacant scam
Mining-mill.com would like to remind you to keep beware for the mining job vacant scam. Be careful if someone ask for money transfer during neither the hiring process or even after the process. None of the company, especially mining company in the world will ask you for the money during the hiring process, from the beginning until its end. Even though for the ticket to a job site as well as the accomodation. Thus, a professional mining company will book you the ticket for your on board to the site. In conclusion, no need for the job seeker to pay even for just one cent during the hiring process. The one and only thing you need to prepare is your skill and capability to do the job.
Another suggestion is to only apply the mining job vacant from their original website or careers landing page. Moreover, You can find 25 direct link to big mining company careers page on this post.
Mining-mill.com will and always happy to help the job seeker to avoid mining job vacant scam by only provide genuine mining job vacant from original and trustworthy source, like company verified linkedIn account, job vacant post from the company careers landing page and professional head hunter company like indeed. Moreover, If you are not sure about our mining job vacant post, please feel free to give us feed back through comment section.
Last but not least, please read too our post about tips how to avoid mining job vacant scam. Also there you will find a lot of good suggestion to avoid your self trapped in a big fake scam.